The days are getting longer and we’ve sprung forward! Time to put the workout pedal to metal and revive those sagging resolutions. Enter: your weekly WOW: a sequence of full body exercises that get you moving for a minimum of 10 minutes per day for health or more for weight management .
Complete the circuit 2x for health or 4-5 for weight management; Beginner: 30 seconds of work/30 seconds of rest between exercises; Intermediate advanced: 45 secs/15 secs rest
* If you are a beginner start with 2 days per week but for best results aim to sweat at least 10 minutes a day!
W/U: jumping jacks/ jog in place/ toe taps ( 30 seconds each; 2 rounds )
- Beginner- walk down into a push up position and back up ( no push up)
- Intermediate/Advanced: Regular burpee ( no push up)
- Beginner: Push up on your knees
- Intermediate: Full style Push ups
- Advanced: Full style push up to side planks
- Bicycle –On floor: hands behind head, nonstop bicycles for 1 minute
- Total crunch- on floor; hands behind head, lift head and shoulders towards legs and hips and vice versa for 1 minute
- Beginner- basic squat (knees hip width apart, toes and knees facing forward)
- Intermediate- Squat jump (add a jump in between squats)
Side to side shuffle squat
- Beginner: Start in basic squat position, step to one side, back together and then to other side
- Intermediate advanced: Squat position hopping out to squat from side to side.